The Gloucestershire TRF put on a Group Rideout at least every month, however bear in mind that these are lead by volunteers and so this can change.
We publish a diary of all our events and ‘group rideouts’ will be listed in the diary anything up to two months before they occur. Each ride is run by a ride leader and that person co-ordinates their rides as well as the route, start time, type of rider/bike suitable. Some ride leaders may have their own process.
Signing up to a Group Rideout
The usual process is that:
- Rides are advertised in the Website Diary, on our Public Facebook (as a Facebook Event) and as a post on the National TRF Members Forum (Gloucestershire Group section). They will also be discussed at the monthly group meetings.
- Contact the ride leader on the Forum to put yourself forward to go on the ride. Usually the ride leader will keep a list of who is going and limit this list to a set number to prevent groups getting too large. If you cannot use the forum then you may contact the ride leader directly (such as if you are a new potential member) or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will be forwarded on.
- Some rides will be for suggested groups such as beginners or big bikes, but most are open to all. This is at the discretion of the ride leader.
- The ride leader will publish start time, ride details and duration and the meeting location on the forum.
- Please make sure you have a telephone contact for the ride leader and arrive early ready to set off on time, with a full fuel tank.
- Enjoy the ride